|Akteur||Schauspielhaus Bochum, DoES Liverpool, Das Labor|
|Beginn||2014/06/20 09:00:00 AM|
|Ende||2014/06/22 09:00:00 PM|
Facts[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- What: PublicEngineering
- Schauspielhaus Event schedule.
- When: 20.-22. Juni 2014
- Who: Schauspielhaus Bochum, DoES Liverpool, Das Labor
- Where: Rotunde Bochum
Additional Info: The construction site (Sewage Pipes) in front of Rotunde is scheduled till July, we have to deal with the fences.
An interactive art exhibition in Bochum.
Preparations[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
2014-04-03 Video conference[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- The Labor@DoES exchange will happen at 9.-11. May 2014. The 10th is Maker Day (10am-5pm), so it should be buzzing with activity.
- Patrick will show his crane to us, and we will discuss idea for its manifestation in Bochum. Patrick is very open to ideas and suggestions to shape it in different ways.
- Specifically, he is looking for ways to reduce barriers for participation by the audience (how to prevent parents from telling their kids that they are not allowed to touch it, etc). Maybe some kind of automated mode where it follows people around, for example?
- Ross showed pictures of the Rotunde. It's best to hang the pulleys for the crane as high as possible, so we will want to extend through the hole in the ceiling to the second floor. There is a second level scaffold beside the lower circular scaffold that might be suitable, but the higher the wider the range of motion is, so the ceiling of the second floor is even better.
- The first level scaffold (circular) is ideal to install sound and light equipment. Ross is a-ok with going all Disco on it! (yay!)
- Patrick is interested in stacking other items beside cardboard boxes, gripping from the outside rather than the inside. Cardboard and foam are safe and fun. Other ideas? White cardboard was previously painted on (it has a matte and a reflective side). Marcus suggested digital projections on the cardboard with an interactive tablet to draw in real-time.
2014-04-14 Video conference[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Suction cup header.
- Rotating header.
- Cube shapes (real-world Tetris)
- Mati's dimmable neon lights and Endres' scrolling LED sign.
- Moving heads can be aligned with crane to automatically follow it.
- Liverpool wiki has a page about Public Engineering now.
- Find out how to create carton cubes in huge quantities.
- Make a layout plan how to put things in the Rotunde (visit the location for this).
2014-04-24 Labor Meeting[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Participants: Das Labor (Marcus, Katti, Bitpick, lauscher, Mati, jago, Kai, blafoo)
Marcus gave a thorough introduction and update about the current status of the project.
- Katti, Andreas volunteered to organize the contact with the Schauspielhaus and Rotunde. We want to visit the location as soon as possible.
- Katti will book the flights on short notice by the participants.
- Mati will take care of the boxes and tries to reach Thomas who is rumored to have good connections.
- Blafoo organizes Jan and Kai for the exchange.
- We will plan the exhibition (state of Labor objects, contacting people to repair them etc).
URGENT ACTION ITEMS: Flights, Contact to Rotunde/Schauspielhaus, Inquiries about boxes.
Next meeting: Monday, 28. 4. 2014 @labor.
2014-04-28 Labor Meeting[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Rotunde on-site date is not fixed yet.
- Flights are booked.
- An inquiry was made for cardboard boxes, as a fallback solution.
- New idea: carrera-course with camera and hovercraft.
Next meeting to be annonuced.
2014-05-09 to 2014-05-11 Labor@DoES[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Participants: Laurenz and Kai
- Das Labor visits the DoES Liverpool to kickstart the project in person!
- Are we going to discuss any technical details?Laurenz (Diskussion) 23:06, 5. Apr. 2014 (CEST)
2014-05-13 20:00 Labor Meeting[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Recap of the Labor@DoES excursion.
We want to build a box-building-machine. The boxes can be individualized and used with the crane.
Laurenz suggests to have soldering workships.
Patrick and Ross need a functional laser cutter. The laser was cleaned recently, but the Laser people need to be informed about the deadlines, so they can plan for it. Cleaning the lense is a critical operation, and a new lense needs 3-4 weeks from China and costs 70 EUR. Hopefully the lenses still work.
The circular scaffhold of the Rotunde should be removed, but the Rotunde says they won't do it. They don't have any electrical distribution system either, and in generally says that it is not an event location, and there is little support. We need to talk to the Schauspielhaus about this. The Rotunde will get back to use about using the video projectors. The Rotunde wants to sell drinks.
Who is the event organizer (for insurance etc)? Clearly the Schauspielhaus.
We will use the main room and one or two additional rooms. The long hallway seems ideal, because it can be adjusted to any length. The broadest doorways are 1.20m (maximum width).
Kai shows a box as used in Liverpool. Maximum weight 400-450g. Laurenz says that at the moment the crane doesn't hold itself. The stepper motors lose steps, the cables are long and lose the signals sometimes. How to lay the cabling to the roof so that it doesn't look ugly?
The Schauspielhaus has transportation, but only little capacity, so it would require a tight schedule. Instead, Mati has access to a transport bus for stuff.
Ideas for things to do: Vector game with laser projection. Online-controllable train with live stream.
2014-06-16 Labor Meeting[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
The Crane[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Main installation will be an interactive crane by Patrick Fenner. Here is material showing the crane in action.
Patrick says about the controls: "While I have done the [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilateration kinematics], in these installations it's actually more fun when controlling manually if you just give the public controls for each of the three motors and let them figure out how to make it work!"
The crane is also visible in this video (at 9:03): Making Minecraft Real
The Place[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
It has been Bochums main station for only a few years around 1950, especially build for a church congress. Since then it became an old well-known event location (see also: www.rotunde-bochum.com). The Rotunde has the "working charme" we are looking for. It's got a big entrance hall with a round window in the roof (the "Rotunde", see pictures) and a few more rooms, but we would prefer the entrance hall. Using the main entrance there's only one stair, but there's also a side entrance without stairs at all. The Rotunde is near by the Schauspielhaus. further details
Some items from the Labor have been in the Rotunde before: Robot Unicorn Invasion
Questions[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Rotunde[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- What infrastructure is on site and can be used spontaneously?
- What infrastructure has to be removed because it is in the way?
- How high is the ceiling (outside and inside the circle)?
- What's the size of the large room? (We have a layout, but the digits are unreadable).
Liverpool[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- How many boxes do we need?
- What cutouts do we need?
Labor[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Which borgs etc. do we want to show?
- Who repairs/cleans/etc. them?
- What do we need from the Schauspielhaus?
- Soldering safety goggles
Fristen und Termine[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- 9.5.14: Flug nach Liverpool
todo[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- rotunde bescheid geben welchen raum wir wollen
- was schriftliches über die Traglast der Traverse einholen
- Musikanlage von der rotunde mieten(also frühzeitig bescheid gebenb) oder tesla fragen ob er zeit ud lust hat